Re: Feature suggestions (long)

От Martijn van Oosterhout
Тема Re: Feature suggestions (long)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, May 17, 2003 at 11:42:01AM -0700, Don Baccus wrote:
> On Saturday 17 May 2003 06:31 pm, Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:
>
> > Hmm, no comments on the UNIQUE-index-over-multiple-tables. I would have
> > thought that would've been the more interesting one.
>
> This would enable making PG inheritence one step closer to being truly useful,
> as one could enforce a primary key on a table and all its children.

Actually, what I described in my original post was a bit more general than
just UNIQUE indexes. From what I wrote it doesn't seem as if it'd be too
complicated (though I won't pretend to fully understand the index code).

But there must be a few hurdles to overcome, which is why I expected someone
to point out what I'd miseed.

Have a nice weekend,