Re: Feature suggestions (long)

От Don Baccus
Тема Re: Feature suggestions (long)
Дата
Re: Feature suggestions (long)  ("Jim C. Nasby" <jim@nasby.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Saturday 17 May 2003 10:51 am, Matthew Kirkwood wrote:

> > > Why bother?
> >
> > Maybe one can put different partitions in different tablespaces?
>
> One can.  The tablespace a partition is in can even be
> offline if Oracle can prove that a query doesn't require
> that partition.

People use this feature for warehousing old data that they don't want to purge
from the database.   For very large databases (of course that definition
changes with each new generation of computer) this can greatly improve the
performance of queries on the active portion of the data.

Сообщение: Re: Feature suggestions (long)
Сообщение: Re: Feature suggestions (long)