Re: Heads up: 7.3.3 this Wednesday

От Sean Chittenden
Тема Re: Heads up: 7.3.3 this Wednesday
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> > Is is possible to make it a build time switch so many folks can beta test
> > it for us, so to speak?
>
> I doubt it'd get tested enough to notice, if it's not in the default
> build.
>
> I actually think that both of these are pretty good candidates to put
> into 7.3.3.  I'm just trying to adopt an appropriately paranoid stance
> and ask hard questions about how much they've been tested.  Between
> Kevin and Sean it seems that the deferred-triggers change has gotten
> enough testing to warrant some trust, but I'm not hearing anything
> about the FK-deadlock one :-(.
>
> BTW, if anyone is looking for that patch, it was at
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2003-04/msg00260.php

Are there any test cases to get this bug to fire?  I haven't had any
problems with this particular bug so I can apply this patch, but I
can't promise that my use of the patch will result in anything useful
other than, "nothing's broke yet" since I haven't had any real
problems with 7.3.2 other than the deferred trigger speed.  Off hand,
I don't see why this patch would cause any problems if it were
applied.  -sc

--
Sean Chittenden