Re: SET CONSTRAINTS not schema-aware

От Bruno Wolff III
Тема Re: SET CONSTRAINTS not schema-aware
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, May 15, 2003 at 12:07:30 -0400, Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us> wrote:
> Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> > Tom Lane writes:

> > > Nobody objected to my statement, so I guess so ...
> >
> > I just hate to see us breaking the SQL standard for no technical reason.
>
> Does it actually break the standard of just extend it.  I don't see any
> problem with extending it.

I think one way to extend it would be to allow three formats for naming
the constraint.
Using just the constraint name would do all tables with that constraint
name. Using table_name.constraint_name would only check in the first
table named table_name in the current schema path for a matching constraint.
Using schema.table.constraint would only look at the specific table for
a matching constraint.

Сообщение: Re: SET CONSTRAINTS not schema-aware
Сообщение: Re: SET CONSTRAINTS not schema-aware