Re: sql and timestamp variable

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: sql and timestamp variable
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thursday 15 May 2003 3:54 pm, Johnson, Shaunn wrote:
> Howdy:
>
> I have a query where I hardcode (and manually change)
> a table name that has the date as part of it's name.
>
> [snip examples]
>
> select count(*) from  db2_ps_regprof_200304 where mbr is null;

I'm not sure if this might help:

1. Create a view "db2_ps_regprof_current"
2. Make sure all your access is through that view
3. Recreate the view at every month-end (via a cron-job).

Of course, that's only useful for the specific case of "this month" and might
be fiddly if the database is in use 24/7
--
  Richard Huxton