Re: How do I view the logs?

От Steve Crawford
Тема Re: How do I view the logs?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
An unfortunate problem - the word "log" is overloaded and can be either
transaction logs or "system" logs.

If you ended up looking at pg_xlog files, there is generally no need to view
those - they will be gibberish to anyone other than a developer with
masochistic tendencies.

If you are looking for the "syslog" type of logs, check in postgresql.conf
and see how the logging is performed. It can go to stdout, a file, or to the
syslog facility. Once you have determined where your configuration is set to
put your log files, look there. They are plain text files - use your favorite
viewer.

Cheers,
Steve