Re: Postgres solution?

От Jason Tishler
Тема Re: Postgres solution?
Дата
Список pgsql-cygwin
Sean,

Please post instead of sending private email.

On Wed, May 14, 2003 at 11:48:35AM +0100, Sean De Souza wrote:
> Did you ever solve the problems with the IPCSemaphore errors with
> Postgresql?  Here's the link:
>
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-cygwin/2003-02/msg00060.php

Yes.

> I'm having the same problem and can't solve it! I can get the system
> creating semaphores using ipctest on both the Admin accoutn and the
> postgres account. I understand that it didn't work for you using the
> postgres account.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.

See the following:

    http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-cygwin/2003-05/msg00037.php

Specifically, the following:

     A. WARNING!!!!  If you are running Windows XP, DO NOT USE the
     'Switch User' feature to jump between accounts.  This is KEY!  ***
     Instead, completely log off as one user before logging on as
     another.

Jason

Сообщение: Re: UPDATE 2: Windows XP, Cygwin 1.3.22-1, PostgreSQL 7.3.2,
Сообщение: Re: UPDATE 2: Windows XP, Cygwin 1.3.22-1, PostgreSQL 7.3.2,