Re: Scheduled jobs

От Christopher Browne
Тема Re: Scheduled jobs
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Andrew Sullivan wrote:
> Of course it's true that if you re-implement every service of every
> supported operating system yourself, you get a more portable system.
> But in that case, perhaps someone should start the PostgrOS project.
> (It's a database!  No, it's an operating system!  No, it's a
> data-based operating environment!  Wait.  Someone already did that:
> PICK.  Nice system, but not SQL.)

MaVerick apparently implements something Pick-like on top of
PostgreSQL... <http://www.maverick-dbms.org/articles/article1.html>

And IBM Universe and UniData *do* make this into SQL...
http://www-3.ibm.com/software/data/u2/pubs/whitepapers/nested_rdbms.pdf

And it's also worth considering that we have array types that support
something Like MV, although that's quite a separate debate.

Or perhaps not; let me suggest the thought that it would be more
worthwhile to examine the notion of adding MV SQL keywords to PostgreSQL
than it would be to try adding a batch scheduler...
--
If this was helpful, <http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=cbbrowne> rate me
http://www.ntlug.org/~cbbrowne/multiplexor.html