Re: Scheduled jobs

От Kaare Rasmussen
Тема Re: Scheduled jobs
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> > That is, of course, quite separate from having cron in the core.  And
> > having a _good_ set of semantics for the push/pull is a nontrivial

Sometimes I need some external action to be taken when a table is updated. I
can't find anything about how to do this with triggers.

The easiest would be to have a server listening on a port. But can I write a
PL/pgSQL trigger that can talk tcp/ip?

There is a short description about untrusted Perl. This might solve the
problem of talking to the port, but I'm not sure I would like to run anything
called "Untrusted" in my server!

Howitzvej 75               Åben 12.00-18.00        Email: kar@kakidata.dk
2000 Frederiksberg        Lørdag 12.00-16.00       Web:      www.suse.dk