can we implement the updatable view through rule system?

От postgresql
Тема can we implement the updatable view through rule system?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi, all  Many talks have been dealed with the updatable view.
In postgresql, It seems that we can use the powerful rule system
to implement the update, insert, delete on view.   But could we give a generalized update rule for a view?  For
example,we can construct the following rule:  create table data(a int,b int,c int);  create view view_data as select *
fromdata where c=0;

  CREATE RULE view_data_update AS ON UPDATE TO view_data   DO INSTEAD   UPDATE data SET       a=(NEW.c),
b=(NEW.c);   If we submit the query" update view data set a=1 where b=2", we could not

rely on the "view_data_update" to finish the task. and I can not find how I can
find a correct generalized rule to implement the update on view.    In addition, could we just rely on the rule system
toimplement the updatable

view with "check option"?
  Please give me some hint if you have some free time.
  Best regards
  Josh