Re: Scheduled jobs

От Þórhallur Hálfdánarson
Тема Re: Scheduled jobs
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
-*- Bruno Wolff III <bruno@wolff.to> [ 2003-05-13 11:39 ]:
> On Mon, May 12, 2003 at 23:03:20 +0000,
>   Þórhallur Hálfdánarson <tolli@tol.li> wrote:
> >
> > The biggest advantages I see:
> >  - running tasks as a specific database user without having to store passwords on the server
>
> You can do that now using ident authentication. For some OS's you can do
> this using domain sockets and don't have to run an ident server.

In most of my setups there is only a limited number of users on the system, but many other users in PostgreSQL.
Creatinga user on the system for every user I create in the DB and allowing him to run processes is not according to
proceduresI follow, and I believe that applies to more people.

--
Regards,
Tolli