Re: Scheduled jobs

От Þórhallur Hálfdánarson
Тема Re: Scheduled jobs
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
-*- Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> [ 2003-05-12 22:18 ]:
> Use cron.  I see no value in duplicating cron's functionality inside
> Postgres.

The biggest advantages I see:- running tasks as a specific database user without having to store passwords on the
server-When deploying a database -- maintenance jobs can be created with SQL commands- Not everybody have access to the
serveror don't have another machine to run it from

Just mentioning some pros I see -- I do agree with your point on resources and future maintenance.

--
Regards,
Tolli