Re: Scheduled jobs

От Christopher Browne
Тема Re: Scheduled jobs
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Zlatko Wrote:
> I didn't find any documentation mentioning scheduled jobs. I assume
> there is no such a feature yet. I would like to implement it if
> someone helps me with the development process (I am brand new to
> OpenSource projects).

> Basically the feature should include scheduling function exeution at:
>     - postmaster startup
>     - postmaster shutdown
>     - a specified moment
>     - a time of the day/month/year
>     - recurring at a time interval

Have you ever considered using cron?

- It is available on every Unix.
- It may readily be compiled for Cygwin.

It seems preposterous to imagine that reimplementing the functionality
of cron would significantly add to the functionality of PostgreSQL.

If you really want a unified way of accessing crontabs, then feel free
to write some plpgsql functions that are "wrappers" for cron...
--
(concatenate 'string "aa454" "@freenet.carleton.ca")
http://www.ntlug.org/~cbbrowne/unix.html