Re: 7.3 and HEAD broken for dropped columns of dropped types

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: 7.3 and HEAD broken for dropped columns of dropped types
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, May 11, 2003 at 04:20:59PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:

> I am thinking that it might be a good idea for ALTER TABLE DROP COLUMN
> to reset atttypid to zero in the dropped column's pg_attribute row.
> This would help catch any other places that are depending on a dropped
> column's atttypid to still be valid.  On the other hand, it would
> possibly confuse applications that are looking at pg_attribute.
> Comments anyone?

Applications looking at pg_attribute and ignoring attisdropped are
broken anyway, so just exposing their brokenness by means of setting an
invalid atttypid does not make them any more (nor any less) broken.

"Porque francamente, si para saber manejarse a uno mismo hubiera que
rendir examen... ¿Quién es el machito que tendría carnet?"  (Mafalda)