Re: Cancelling a command.

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: Cancelling a command.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tuesday 06 May 2003 2:49 pm, Hargobind Singh wrote:

Please use "reply all" to make sure messages go to the list too - you'll get
quicker responses that way.

> I have tried on KDE, and GNOME both.. they behave the same.

Very odd. Do you get the msg:
  Cancel request sent
  ERROR:  Query was cancelled.
or does the window freeze before this?

I'm running RH8 here without any issues, although I'm not using the shipped
version of PG. There are three things I can think of:
1. There is a Ctrl-S occurring which is pausing output (use Ctrl-Q to unpause)
2. Something about your locale/font/keyboard settings is confusing RedHat
3. There is a bug in psql

Does the problem occur if you're at a text console (the Ctrl-Alt-F1 one)? That
should rule out #3.

--
  Richard Huxton