Re: 7.4 features list

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: 7.4 features list
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:
> > The fact that people are putting so much emphasis on attracting newbies
> > via the Windows port seems to me to be a good reason *not* to delay 7.4
> > for it.  If we slip the schedule for it, what we will have is a rushed,
> > probably not very solid port.  How many newbies will we lose permanently
> > if their first exposure to Postgres is a buggy Windows port?
> >
> > I'd far rather see it done right for 7.5 than done hurriedly for 7.4.
>
> It's a bit embarassing for those of us who have been saying '7.4 will have
> win32 and pitr' :)

Jan is coming here tomorrow for 2-3 days, so I will know very soon how
do-able Win32 is for June 1.  Of course, PITR is still unlikely by June 1.

Let me see what Jan finds tomorrow and I will report back.  The majority
of the feedback so far seems to be to postpone for July 1.  This gives
us more time for Win32 testing, and time for PITR.

Is there anyone who wants to argue for staying with the June 1 beta
date?  If no, we can just assume July 1 for beta.

Pennsylvania19073