Re: 7.4 features list

От Bruno Wolff III
Тема Re: 7.4 features list
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, May 05, 2003 at 21:08:37 +0100, "Nigel J. Andrews" <nandrews@investsystems.co.uk> wrote:

> I've wondered recently at other mentions of the impending feature freeze and
> wondering why that appears to have been set in stone. I know from comments
> leading to 7.3 that there have been problems in the past with timetable
> slippage but is it really sensible to essentially throw out a major feature
> that will take another 6+ months to be released for the sake of a short delay
> for the coming release?

There is already a lot of good stuff in 7.4. In my opinion what there is
enough to justify a release even without PITR or the WIN32 port.
That isn't to say that it isn't worth waiting a little to save some
testing effort (if say a 7.5 were to come out very shortly after 7.4
with the WIN32 port or PITR), but if it is really going to be a couple
of extra months some consideration should be given to getting the stuff
you already have out to people.