Re: 7.4 features list

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: 7.4 features list
Дата
Re: 7.4 features list  (Barry Lind <blind@xythos.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
I have gotten some replies so let me chime in now.

Basically, here is how this happens --- you wait for a slow time to do
this major work, and as the deadline draws near, you realize a slow time
isn't coming and you stop doing anything else but the big project.  I
bet Patrick is in the same boat.

I am not reading much email anymore, not participating in discussions,
not applying patches, not adding other features --- but I underestimated
the fork/exec issues and now I feel behind.  I have phoned Jan and he is
going to help me out, but at this point, I don't know if that will be
enough so I am reporting to the group.

Also, I am reporting problems now, rather than mid-May or June 1.

As far as past delay disasters, the issues were:
o  waited until the deadline to extendo  extended deadline in too small incrementso  didn't set reasonable new
deadlines

So, we have to decide now if we want to delay, and if so, we have to
decide on the new deadline in one month increments (July 1), and we have
to reevalute that on June 1 to determine if July 1 is still
reasonable/desired.