Re: connect problems

От Karsten Hilbert
Тема Re: connect problems
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> DBI connect('dbname=nlog:host=cheddar','postgres',...) failed: FATAL:
> Database "nlog:host=cheddar" does not exist in the system catalog.
Well, the perl code is thinking that the database name is
"nlog:host=cheddar" which, of course, does not exist. From the
rest of your line I'd guess you'd need to write something like

 DBI connect('dbname=nlog', 'host=cheddar', ...)

> What is the "system catalog"
Sloppily it's a bunch of PostgreSQL internal tables, many of
them starting with pg_*

> and how do I register my database?
It's auto-registered by "create database" unless I am
mistaken.

Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346

От: Karsten Hilbert
Сообщение: 'foreign key with default null' problem in allergies view
От: Hadley Willan
Сообщение: PSQL by itself?