Re: Automatic analyze on select into

От Jim C. Nasby
Тема Re: Automatic analyze on select into
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Sat, Apr 26, 2003 at 12:18:54PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> "Jim C. Nasby" <jim@nasby.net> writes:
> > So, question is, would it make sense to automatically do an analyze
> > after/during a SELECT INTO?
>
> I don't think so.  Very often, temp tables are small and only used for
> one or two operations anyway --- so the cost of an ANALYZE wouldn't be
> repaid.  If ANALYZE would be useful, the user can issue one.

Ok, I'll add notes to appropriate pages in the documentation. BTW, do
the notes entered into the interactive docs get rolled into the formal
documentation at any point?
--
Jim C. Nasby (aka Decibel!)                    jim@nasby.net

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Automatic analyze on select into
Сообщение: Re: Automatic analyze on select into