Re: Tech Docs and Consultants

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Tech Docs and Consultants
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
Scott,

> Honestly, I think it's more elitist to say "we can't use time-saving
> tools because people are too stupid to learn them", to twist your (you
> plural) words in a similar manner to the way mine were twisted.

More to the point is the argument that:  "CVS is not the time-saving tool that
a Wiki or other CMS with web-based editing is."

In other words, CVS is better than what we have now, but not as good as a CMS.
If we're going to adopt new technology for the site(s), it makes sense to
adopt the technology that gives us the most output for the least work, don't
you?

And a corellary argument:   "Josh Berkus is willing to admin Techdocs and
possibly other sites (Jobs.postgresql.org?) provided that they are based on a
CMS.   If these sites a managed by CVS, someone else will have to volunteer."

--
-Josh Berkus
 Aglio Database Solutions