Re: Important speed difference between a query and a

От Stephan Szabo
Тема Re: Important speed difference between a query and a
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Thu, 24 Apr 2003, Frederic Jolliton wrote:

> > On Thu, 24 Apr 2003, Frederic Jolliton wrote:
> > Perhaps plpgsql with EXECUTE would work better for that, although
> > it's likely to have some general overhead.
>
> The server is rather fast, and the query return 10 to 50 rows in most
> case. So, this is probably a solution, even if it's not very
> clean. (Well, I have to find an example to RETURN the result of
> EXECUTE..)

Check out
http://techdocs.postgresql.org/guides/SetReturningFunctions

specifically the GetRows() function for an example of using for in execute
with set returning functions.

От: Frederic Jolliton
Сообщение: Re: Important speed difference between a query and a
Сообщение: Re: Important speed difference between a query and a