Priority queue of tuples in PostgreSQL source code.

От You Lun
Тема Priority queue of tuples in PostgreSQL source code.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

I'm doing a small project modifying postgreSQL's LIMIT
processing. Is there any internal priority queue
implementation which can let me insert a tuple, delete
a tuple, and extract the maximum tuple? It's easy to
implement a priority queue in the memory, but it's
kind of overwhelming for me to deal with dataset
larger than memory.

Another way is to create an temporary table with an
index. How can I do this in the backend?