Re: pg_clog woes with 7.3.2 - Episode 2

От Kevin Brown
Тема Re: pg_clog woes with 7.3.2 - Episode 2
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Dave Page wrote:
> Still, I've now tried a 29160N adaptor, and changed the
> cable to a DPT one (both that and the previous Adaptec have hardwired
> terminators). I've also removed the DAT drive from the system so the
> only things on the SCSI bus are 2 identical disks and the adaptor.
>
> I'm beginning to wonder about my shiny new 2.4.20 kernel...

That's a possibility.  There's one other I'd try, prior to using a
different kernel: try booting the kernel with the "noapic" option.  On
certain SMP systems, this has allowed the kernel to come up properly
and see the SCSI adaptor (among other things), whereas without it the
system would hang on attempts to access the SCSI device.  Even if
you're not running SMP, it may help your system's stability.

--
Kevin Brown                          kevin@sysexperts.com