Re: [HACKERS] Are we losing momentum?

От Sean Chittenden
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Are we losing momentum?
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
> > 4) guc.c is now in sync with the list of available variables used for
> >    tab completion
>
> AFAIK, the GUC variables not listed in tab-complete.c were omitted
> deliberately.  We could have a discussion about the sensefulness of
> those decisions, but please do not consider it a bug to be fixed
> out-of-hand.

Alright, there weren't many omitted GUC's, but those that were
omitted did have counterparts that were include already so I figured
there was some bit rot going on.

> > 6) As an administrator, I'd be interested in having an environment
> >    variable that I could set that'd turn on MySQL mode for some of my
> >    bozo users that way they don't complain if they forget the -m
> >    switch.  Thoughts?
>
> Can't you set it in ~/.psqlrc ?

Hrm...  ah, ok, done.  Patch updated.

http://people.freebsd.org/~seanc/patches/patch_postgresql-HEAD::src::bin::psql

-sc

--
Sean Chittenden

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Are we losing momentum?
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Are we losing momentum?