Re: Tech Docs and Consultants

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: Tech Docs and Consultants
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
On Monday 14 Apr 2003 12:13 pm, Justin Clift wrote:
> Josh Berkus wrote:

> > I suspect that someone new will need to take over Techdocs, in which case
> > I'll take it and be moving it to Zapatec.    Wanna help me port
> > everything?
>
> Now before *anyone* says what'll be done with the Techdocs site next,
> please lets think about what the PostgreSQL Community will benefit from
> most as it's next stage of growth.  The best _logical_ place for it is on
> hub.org servers with everything else, but frankly... it generates extra
> workload for the guys running those servers so I'd be more interesed in
> seeing it elsewhere.  Still named "techdocs.postgresql.org" if possible
> (Marc?) but lets take the opportunity to reduce potential workload on
> Chris/Marc/hub.org/etc and explore other possibilities.

Is there any reason why the multi-user interactive part of techdocs needs to
actually be at techdocs?

What I'm trying to rather clumsily say is: run whatever cms/wiki you want at
www.generouscompany.com and just publish static HTML to techdocs.

PS - I've tried the wiki thing there currently, and I'm not convinced that for
a document with sql/plpgsql in it it's any easier than HTML. If the solution
ends up being FTP accounts, a template and my favourite text editor so be it
- it's not like a few tags will scare contributors.

PPS - PG/PHP/Perl experience, just shout if I can be of any use. Not too proud
to do testing/cut & paste/search & replace etc.

--
  Richard Huxton

Сообщение: Re: Tech Docs and Consultants
Сообщение: Re: Tech Docs and Consultants