DriverManager.getConnection hangs

От George Peiov
Тема DriverManager.getConnection hangs
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Hi,
I have a server written in java that uses the postgres
JDBC driver to read
data from Postgresql 7.2 server. The driver is the
latest JDBC3 driver from
their website. I am making a lot of selects when a
client comes in but
I am having a problem. After about 100 selects done
from multiple
threads each one using it's own connection object
DriverManager.getConnection can't get a connetion any
more. It hangs
there for about 10-15 seconds and then I get a
"connection refused.
Make sure the server is running ...  bla bla bla"
error. The Postgres
server is still up, I can connect to it from another
client and select
data but the JDBC driver can't get a connection any
more. I restart
the server and then again, it gets 2 connections from
2 threads, it
executes about 100 selects and hangs again when is
trying to get the
third connection. Any idee on what might be hapenning
?
Thanks,
George