Re: Stored Procedures

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Stored Procedures
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Dennis,

> How do I implement ms sql style stored procedures in postgre ? I have ms sql
stored procedures like the following to insert data into a db that is called
from a web form:

Stored procedures are called "Functions" in PostgreSQL.  See "Create
Function".

> In pgadmin I cant even find anything called stored procedures. Also...how do
I implement @@identity in postgre ?

PostgreSQL has a much more powerful construct called "Sequences".  See "CREATE
SEQUENCE".

Better yet, buy a PostgreSQL intro book.   There are several, and they are all
pretty good.   You're in for a world of pain if you try to figure out
everything piecemeal from the online docs.

--
-Josh Berkus
 Aglio Database Solutions