Re: Performance of batches with Statements and

От Felipe Schnack
Тема Re: Performance of batches with Statements and
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
  well, someone could make executeBatch() work this way, if it's really better

On Wed, 9 Apr 2003 06:36:54 -0400
"John Guthrie" <jguthrie@psynapsetech.net> wrote:

> > If I take the semi-colon approach, I cannot use a PreparedStatement
> > easily, which is fine.  I read somewhere that the implementation of
> > executeBatch() just executes all of the statements one-by-one, which
> > would be as slow as executing separate statements.
>
> seems to me that it wouldn't be as slow. for one thing you'd eliminate all
> the network traffic.
>
> john

 /~\ The ASCII        Felipe Schnack (felipes@ritterdosreis.br)
 \ / Ribbon Campaign  Analista de Sistemas
  X  Against HTML     Cel.: 51-91287530
 / \ Email!           Linux Counter #281893

Centro Universitário Ritter dos Reis
http://www.ritterdosreis.br
ritter@ritterdosreis.br
Fone: 51-32303341