operator '~~' for types 'inet' and '"unknown"'

От Shaun Jurrens
Тема operator '~~' for types 'inet' and '"unknown"'
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Hi,

I seem to have a problem that I haven't found an obvious answer to or a
reference to in the mailing lists or on google. Using dumps on a little
network database that I've made, I've run into problems with select's like:

select * from ske_net_allocs where ip_net like '139.165.19%';

These work on 7.2.3 on freebsd but not with

PostgreSQL 7.3.2 on i386-portbld-freebsd4.7.

I get the following error:

ERROR:  Unable to identify an operator '~~' for types 'inet' and '"unknown"'
        You will have to retype this query using an explicit cast

This may be a real bonehead question, but I'm unfortunately too ignorant to
answer it yet. I've tried using dumps from the 7.2.3 box using both
pg_dump and pg_dump -o.  Thanks in advance for any hints/clue bats.

I'd appreciate a CC, because I read the list via the archives. Thanks.

--
Med vennlig hilsen/Sincerely,

Shaun D. Jurrens
Drift og Sikkerhetskonsulent
IKT-Avdeling
Oslo Skoleetaten
Tel:    +47 2208 7394
Mobil:  +47 9820 8826

gpg key fingerprint: 007A B6BD 8B1B BAB9 C583  2D19 3A7F 4A3E F83E 84AE

Вложения