Re: [SQL] can i make this sql query more efficiant?

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: [SQL] can i make this sql query more efficiant?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Manfred,

> I'd be honestly interested in the circumstances where you made that
> observation.

Hmmmm ... one of my database involves a "crosstab" converstion where there
were 13 possible values, and the converted table is heavily indexed.  For
that case, I found using CASE statements to be slower.

For your example, how do the statistics change if you increase the number of
levels to 15 and put an index on them?

--
-Josh Berkus
 Aglio Database Solutions