Re: OSS database needed for testing

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: OSS database needed for testing
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Merlin,

> I would suggest downloading the data now.  I can help get you started

OK, downloading now.

> with the create table statements and the import scripts.  There are not
> very many ways to get the data in a reasonable timeframe: the spi
> functions or the copy command are a good place to start.  Do not bother
> with running stuff through insert queries: take my word for it, it just
> won't work.  Of course, if you use copy, you have to pre-format.  Be
> aware that you will have many gigabytes (like more than 20) of data
> before you are done.

From my perspective, the easiest and fastest way to do this is to create the
table definitions in PostgreSQL, and then to use Perl to convert the data
format to something COPY will recognize.   If you can do the create table
statements for the LM* data, I can do the Perl scripts.

Given that the *total* data is 20G, we'll want to use a subset of it.   Per
your suggestion, I am downloading the *LM* tables.  I may truncate them
further if the resulting database is too large.  If some of the other tables
are reference lists or child tables, please tell me and I will download them
as well.

--
-Josh Berkus
 Aglio Database Solutions