Re: ext3 filesystem / linux 7.3

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: ext3 filesystem / linux 7.3
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Jeff,

> Thanks for that Josh.

Welcome

> I had previously understood that ext3 was a bad thing with PostgreSQL and I
> went way above and beyond to create it on an Ext2 filesystem (the only one
> on the server) and mount that.
>
> Should I undo that work and go back to Ext3?

I would.  Not necessarily Ext3, mind you; you might want to consider Reiser or
JFS, too.  My experience has been better with Reiser than Ext3 with Postgres,
but I can't back that up with any statistics.

(DISCLAIMER:  This is not professional advice, and comes with no warranty.  If
you want professional advice, pay me.)

--
-Josh Berkus
 Aglio Database Solutions

Сообщение: Re: ext3 filesystem / linux 7.3
Сообщение: Re: ext3 filesystem / linux 7.3