Re: returning composite types.

От Franco Bruno Borghesi
Тема Re: returning composite types.
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
yes, i was trying to do something like that, but it breaks always in the same
place, first I thought that it was because of the way I was assigning values
to the fields of my row, but now I'm beginning to think that the reason is
the way I pass the row to f2.

Here is the error:
franco=# SELECT f1();
WARNING:  Error occurred while executing PL/pgSQL function f1
WARNING:  line 5 at select into variables
ERROR:  Attribute "result" not found

CREATE TYPE mytype AS (val1 INTEGER, val2 INTEGER, val3 INTEGER);

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION f1() RETURNS mytype AS '
DECLARE     result mytype%ROWTYPE;
BEGIN  result.val1:=1;     SELECT val2, val3 INTO result.val2, result.val3 FROM f2(result);  RETURN result;
END;
' LANGUAGE 'plpgsql';

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION f2(mytype) RETURNS mytype AS '
DECLARE     arg ALIAS FOR $1;  result mytype%ROWTYPE;
BEGIN  arg.val2:=2;  arg.val3:=3;  SELECT arg.val1, arg.val2, arg.val3 INTO result.val1, result.val2,
result.val3;  RETURN result;
END;
' LANGUAGE 'plpgsql';

what do you guys think?

On Saturday 29 March 2003 13:49, Joe Conway wrote:
> Franco Bruno Borghesi wrote:
> > ok, soy you're telling me that the only way to return a composite type is
> > using a set of them, even if I know my function will allways return 1
> > record.
>
> Try this:
>
> create type foo as (f1 int, f2 text);
> create or replace function retfoo(int, text) returns foo as '
>   declare
>    result foo%ROWTYPE;
>   begin
>    select into result $1, $2;
>    return result;
>   end;
> ' language 'plpgsql';
>
> regression=# select * from retfoo(2,'b');
>   f1 | f2
> ----+----
>    2 | b
> (1 row)
>
> Joe

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: returning composite types.
Сообщение: Re: returning composite types.