Re: Getting data out of MS Access with only Linux?

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Getting data out of MS Access with only Linux?
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Phillip,

> I know this is a bit off topic but I am using postgresql more and more
> and MS Access less and less.  And I am also using Linux more than
> Windows now.  But one problem that I am encountering is "how" do I get
> all that data that exists in MS Access files while I am working under
> linux and pull it into psql?  While I am running windows it is no big
> problem all I do is open the *.mdb file in access and with odbc pass it
> over to a psql database.  But to my knowledge I haven't seen any
> programs that can read in a .mdb file in Linux?
>
> Any suggestions?

pgadmin.postgresql.org
http://www.pgsqlmanager.com/download.phtml
(these both require windows, but not MS Access, and come with an exporter)

I'm pretty sure that Kylix will read MDB files.
Also, you could see if there's a Perl::DBI module for MDB.

--
-Josh Berkus
 Aglio Database Solutions