Re: Insert race hazard condition.

От patrick
Тема Re: Insert race hazard condition.
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On Tue, Mar 25, 2003 at 01:01:17PM -0700, Roy Souther wrote:
> First of all I am a programmer not an DBA expert.
>
> For a long time now when I create a table I have an index field that is
> of type int4 to be the primary key. All of the queries and activity on
> each record uses this field to do the posting, manipulating and reading
> of data to and from tables.
>
> When I add a record to a table I would do it in two steps.
> INSERT INTO mytable SELECT MAX(index)+1 FROM mytable
> SELECT MAX(index) FROM mytable

You probably want to call:
 Oid oid = PQoidValue( res ); /* assuming C interface */

And use:
 sprintf( sql, "select index from mytable where oid = %lu", oid );

instead of your second SQL statement.

[dd]

sidster
--
They who would sacrifice freedom for security will have neither.  -Ben Franklin

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: