Re: explain

От Rajesh Kumar Mallah
Тема Re: explain
Дата
Список pgsql-sql

Hi,

Marian i am not too familiar with oracle features.

Can you tell us the problem you are trying to solve.

lemme try to understand the below.

> > In Oracle i will do:
> > explain plan set statement_id=uniq_id_for_select for
> >                 select * from dba_tables where table_name=:tab

what does it do ?
assigning a uniq_id to the query "select * from dba_tables where table_name=:tab"
is the query an example query or a fixed method of accomplising something?

> > SELECT * FROM plan_table WHERE Statement_ID = this_uniq_id_for_select;

is plan_table supposed to store execution plans of all the  queries being
executed by dbserver , or only certain queries you are marking by
some mechanism?

In case you are wanting to see the execution plan and query times of each and every
query there is a crude method.

(DISCLAIMER: the opinions are mine and does not reflects others')

enable logging to appropriate levels , postmaster can log execution plans
and timings in a file.
you will find more details in Admin Docs.

Regds
mallah.

--
Rajesh Kumar Mallah,