cast of integer to bool doesn't work (anymore?)

От Eric Veldhuyzen
Тема cast of integer to bool doesn't work (anymore?)
Дата
Re: cast of integer to bool doesn't work (anymore?)  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-sql
Hi,

Here at my work we use on the production servers PostgreSQL version
7.2.3, but I have version 7.3.2 (from the Debian distribution) on my
workstation. Now I noticed yesterday that the query 'select 0::boolean;'
works on the production server, it gives the output:

# select 0::boolean;bool
------f
(1 row)

Perfect. But when I try this on my local version of postgreSQL I get
this:

# select 0::boolean;
ERROR:  Cannot cast type integer to boolean

Is there someone who can axplaint to me why this is happening, did I
forget to do something to make this work, or is this some kind of new
'feature' of the 7.3 version?

--
Eric Veldhuyzen
xs4all NSA team