Re: I want to send comments to the backend!

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: I want to send comments to the backend!
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
Tom Lane wrote:
> > It returns PGRES_NONFATAL_ERROR.  Why should this be an error?
>
> Actually, you don't get a "res" object at all, because nothing happened.
> The only place in libpq that returns that code is PQresultStatus itself.

Yes, I see that now.  res is NULL and PQresultStatus() is returning
PGRES_NONFATAL_ERROR.  What is strange is that "" and "\n" both return
an OK result, so I am trying to figure out why comments are different.

> Perhaps PGRES_EMPTY_QUERY would be more appropriate?  Not sure where in
> the chain would be best to change the behavior, though.

Yes.

Pennsylvania19073

Сообщение: Re: I want to send comments to the backend!
Сообщение: Re: I want to send comments to the backend!