Re: Handling Blobs with libpq

От Jeroen T. Vermeulen
Тема Re: Handling Blobs with libpq
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
On Thu, Mar 20, 2003 at 10:56:44AM +0100, Stéphane Pinel wrote:

> 2- Larges objects (lo_import)
>
> My main need is storing pictures (like Jpegs etc) or small blobs. Doc
> says that (2) is more
> appropriate but I need to work with blobs in memory, not from files.

You don't _have_ to import them from files--lo_import is just a convenience
function for reading a file into memory and writing it to a large object.
Just use the other large object functions: lo_open(), lo_creat(),
lo_read(), lo_write(), lo_seek().

Jeroen

Сообщение: Re: I want to send comments to the backend!
Сообщение: Re: I want to send comments to the backend!