Re: speeding up COUNT and DISTINCT queries

От Max Baker
Тема Re: speeding up COUNT and DISTINCT queries
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Wed, Mar 12, 2003 at 05:57:50PM -0800, Joe Conway wrote:
> Max Baker wrote:
> >Thanks for the help.  I guess i'm not clear on why there is so much
> >extra cruft.  Does postgres leave a little bit behind every time it does
> >an update?  Because this table is updated constantly.
> >

> Yes. See:
> http://www.us.postgresql.org/users-lounge/docs/7.3/postgres/routine-vacuuming.html

That would explain why once a night isn't enough.  Thanks.
The contents of this table get refreshed every 4 hours.  I'll add a
vacuum after every refresh and comapre the results in a couple days.

-m

Сообщение: Re: speeding up COUNT and DISTINCT queries
Сообщение: Re: speeding up COUNT and DISTINCT queries