Re: Installing Postgres on Windows (2000 Pro).

От Paul Linehan
Тема Re: Installing Postgres on Windows (2000 Pro).
Дата
Список pgsql-cygwin

Justin Clift <justin@postgresql.org> a écrit:

> There should be a service called "PostgreSQL
> Database" (or similar) that  auto-starts as well.

Nope.

> If it's not starting automatically, that's
> generally caused by the presence of a "C:\Pro
> gram Files\PostgreSQL\data\postgresql.pid"
> file at  startup. That file should only be
> present while the server is running, and stops
> PostgreSQL from starting up afresh if it's
> already there.

Tried searching for postgresql.pid - not there.

> It's a bug with the present "Proof of Concept"
> for Windows PostgreSQL build, as it's not being
> removed when PostgreSQL shuts down.  :(

A pity. Postgresql should look at Interbase/Firebird
for the way to do this stuff. Run the exe and it
installs itself as a service no problem...

I have a project that I'm doing that requires
Windows for the server (hey, it's not *_my_*
fault) so I was going to try to use Postgresql,
but I think that I'll just have to stick with
Interbase.

From what I can see on the site, Postgresql will
be native for Windows from 7.4 about 6 months from
now. It looks like I'll have to wait until then.

Paul...