Re: can't start postmaster as service

От Jason Tishler
Тема Re: can't start postmaster as service
Дата
Список pgsql-cygwin
Andy,

On Wed, Mar 05, 2003 at 09:54:16AM -0700, Andy Lowe wrote:
> This is the exact behavior I'm seeing, using 7.3.2.  I followed the
> steps in the README for installing everything, with the exception of
> the data directory, which is slightly different.  My data dir does
> show up as
>     drwx------+   2 postgres None            0 Mar  4 19:00 pgdata

The above looks fine -- the name is just "pgdata" instead of the more
conventional "data".

> So, I'm guessing that it's not a permissions issue.

Sounds reasonable.

> I'm able to start postmaster from the command line as the postgres
> user.  The service just fails to start, giving error 1062.  As you
> noted below, this is not good.  Is there a known cause for this error
> and (hopefully) a solution?

Do you see anything interesting in /var/log/postmaster.log?  In the NT
Event Log?

Did you do the following (from the README)?

    3. Grant the "postgres" user the "Log on as a service" user right:

Jason