Re: Arrays Or Loop

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Arrays Or Loop
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Aspire,

>  2. Can we use array for the above thing as
>      a. Make an array of the valid roll_numbers. such as
>  ('IDX'=>'ROLL_NUMBER'........)
>      b. Now select the array element by the index which will produce the
>  roll_number and work on it.
>      c. Array could be build by for loop
>  3. Will the array approch execute code fast. if yes can you please give me
>  some refrences so that i can actually
>              build one such function.

Unfortunately, the current version of PL/pgSQL have problems with array
support.  So if you want to test this with arrays, you will have to use
another language, such as C or Python.

>  4. Lastly if i use views will they help in fas execution

No.   If you want fast execution, try writing the procedure in C.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: