\dt vs schemas

От Francisco Reyes
Тема \dt vs schemas
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Just started using schemas recently.
Should one be able to see tables with the same name in different schemas
if both schemas are in the search_path?

So if I had table_1 and table_2 in schema_1 and schema_2, should I be able
to see:
 Schema |    Name     | Type  | Owner
--------+-------------+-------+-------
 schema1| table_1     | table | pgsql
 schema1| table_2     | table | pgsql
 schema2| table_1     | table | pgsql
 schema2| table_2     | table | pgsql
(sample \dt typed by hand, not result of doing in system)

Currently I have some tables with same name which I was just moving to a
schema. Used select into to copy them to the new schema, but from that
point on, only 1 set of tables are visible. The set listed in the first
schema in the search path is the one that displays.

If I do "\dt schema2." I can see the additional tables not listed by the
plain \dt fine.

Running 7.3.2 on Freebsd 4.7 Stable.