Re: Handling users

От Bruno Wolff III
Тема Re: Handling users
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Feb 18, 2003 at 18:30:59 +0530,
  "Shridhar Daithankar<shridhar_daithankar@persistent.co.in>" <shridhar_daithankar@persistent.co.in> wrote:

> In this scheme, how can I authenticate user without fiddling with postgresql
> system catalogs? I mean I have and established connection as database
> superuser, a username and a password. Now I want to authenticate. How do I do
> it?

You can use ident authentication and allow the user the application runs
under to connect as any of the users that it is supposed to be able to.
If the application software is running on the same box as the database
server and the OS supports it, you can use local (domain socket) connections
and use ident without running an ident server.