In 7.3.1, will I be able to reindex toast?

От Jeffrey Baker
Тема In 7.3.1, will I be able to reindex toast?
Дата
Re: In 7.3.1, will I be able to reindex toast?
Список pgsql-general
I am considering moving to 7.3 from 7.2.  I have the
obnoxious toast index growth problem of doom.  In 7.2 I am
not allowed to reindex toast tables, because they are of
type 't'.  How smug :)

The problem is I don't want to move to 7.3 unless I can be
certain this is going to work.  There are many incompatible
changes in 7.3, and I will need to audit tens of thousands
of lines of queries before I can make the move.  Can someone
reassure me?  It says you can reindex toast tables in the
changelog, but ...

Also I assume REINDEX in 7.3 still requires exclusive
access?  That could be a bummer.

-jwb