Re: uppercase = lowercase

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: uppercase = lowercase
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Friday 14 Feb 2003 8:51 am, jose antonio leo wrote:
> Hi!!
>
> How can I make selects not sensitive uppercase and lowercase characters?
> This is possible modifying something of psql configuration?

This isn't possible in a general way. If you want "Richard","RICHARD" and
"riCHard" to all test the same you'll need to do something like.

SELECT * FROM people WHERE lower(first_name)='richard';

You can create an index on lower(first_name) if you need to speed things
along.

--
  Richard Huxton

Сообщение: Re: 'Universal' schedule table defintion
Сообщение: Re: 'Universal' schedule table defintion