Re: pgsql-server/src/backend commands/sequence.c p ...

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: pgsql-server/src/backend commands/sequence.c p ...
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
I am not thrilled to see those huge integers in the dump file for
sequences.  It would be good to test for these in pg_dump and output
those symbols instead.  i don't think we need to store them as bools ---
just make the tests to see if the values matches these symbol values.

Rod Taylor wrote:
-- Start of PGP signed section.
> On Thu, 2003-02-13 at 02:21, Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:
> > Shouldn't this patch need some pg_dump changes?  And doc changes?  Maybe
> > even psql changes?
> >
> > How is NO MAXVALUE and NO MINVALUE stored in the database?  How are they
> > recreated that way after a dump?
>
> They're not stored.  According to the spec they're simply aliases to the
> default values, as such we store the default values.
>
> I suppose if you wanted to make the dump portable to other databases one
> could store bools for these.

-- End of PGP section, PGP failed!