Re: locale error

От César Eduardo Schneider
Тема Re: locale error
Дата
Список pgsql-novice

yes, all are correct...

I tryed recomplile pg with --enable-nls but doesn´t work too.

can I convert my old database to a default encoding that postmaster understand ?

regards,

Cesar.

 Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

César Eduardo Schneider writes:
> I get the follow error:
> postgres@server:/usr/local/pgsql/bin$ ./postmaster -D /home/pgsql.old/
> FATAL: invalid value for option 'LC_MESSAGES': 'pt_BR'
> my env vars are:
> postgres@server:/usr/local/pgsql/bin$ env | grep LC
> LC_MESSAGES=3Dpt_BR
> LC_ALL=3Dpt_BR
> LC_CTYPE=3Dpt_BR

> When running initdb to create a new database, all id ok.

This is very very strange. The postmaster error says that your locale
library will not take pt_BR as a valid value for LC_MESSAGES. But if
you are able to initdb with that same setting then it would seem that
pt_BR *is* a valid setting for LC_MESSAGES. Are you sure that the
installed $PGINSTDIR/share/postgresql.conf.sample (which is what initdb
will use) also has lc_messages set to pt_BR?

TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

Busca Yahoo!
O serviço de busca mais completo da Internet. O que você pensar o Yahoo! encontra.